Roatan Buyers and Sellers Testimonials
Testimonial Letter For Jorge Chavez:
- We were searching for property on the western end of Roatan. We met Jorge during that process and quickly felt he was the realtor best suited to help us find our dream property.
Jorge began the process by showing us a number of different lots and houses that fit what we were looking for. He offered his assessment of each property and at times advised us he felt the property was not in a great location or the price was too high. We always appreciated his honesty to guide our purchase.
We ultimately decided on a building lot and closed on the purchase in early 2018. Jorge was very helpful during the closing process to keep us informed and up to date with what was going on. In fact, we gave him power of attorney to act on our behalf during the actual closing process. He handled the entire process and made it extremely easy.
We would recommend him to anyone looking for an honest, reliable realtor. He is from Roatan and understands the real estate market very well. Chuck and Elaine
- Thank you Jorge for making our dream of owning a piece of paradise come true, we still keep pinching ourselves as we cannot believe it has really happened.We contacted Jorge as we wanted someone who could speak both English and Spanish fluently, also with a great understanding of the Honduran real estate purchasing process and laws, I do not believe we could have chosen anyone better.
Prior to arriving in Roatan for a week we selected the houses we wanted to see on MLS and Jorge set up viewings for us. Jorge also selected a number of houses that we had discarded due to position, we are so glad he did as one of those is now our home.
During the whole process Jorge was very informative, patient, flexible and accommodating, at no point did we feel any pressure. He helped us focus on what was important to us as this was going to be our vacation home and not a permanent residence, at least for the next few years.
When we returned back to the US Jorge put us in contact with an attorney and stayed in touch keeping us updated with progress, always making sure that we were comfortable with what was happening. When we returned to Roatan after closing Jorge was at the house waiting for us with the keys and a warm welcome, we know that Jorge is still there for us if we need anything and as a friend. Anita and Gary Slade
- We met Jorge while on vacation in May 2016. We were visiting the island and were beginning our search for property/condo/home. We came across Jorge while we were walking through Infinity Bay. Not even knowing if we were really serious, he took the time to show us a few condos. From the start Jorge, was very informative and patient with us. At that point, we were not ready to make a decision at that time.
In the next few months, we emailed back and forth and he responded in a timely manner and answered our many questions. He assisted us in booking a place to stay for our next trip back to Roatan to continue our search.
Upon our arrival at the airport in October, he was there waiting to personally pick us up and to make sure we arrived at our resort safely. From the start of our trip, he was very informative about the island, introducing us to locals and making us feel welcome. He had our itinerary to look at homes, condos, and land well organized. Every day was planned out including exposing us to local restaurants, and other parts of the island. The whole time we never felt pressured into buying something.
Eventually, we decided to purchase a lot. He assisted us in every aspect. He introduced us to the local attorney and even closed the purchase for us while we were back in the states. He also had a friend take a drone video of the lot so we could see the view from various elevations. Again, he went above and beyond.
We would consider Jorge a fantastic, honest realtor. He has become our first friend on the island and has stayed in contact with us. He is even going a step further to help us with finding a builder to build our dream house in Roatan. His friendly approach further convinced us the Roatan is the place for us.
The overall experience has been a pleasant and with very little stress. His knowledge of the island is another plus. We highly recommend Jorge to anyone. Jane and Bryan Slattery
- I can not find enough good things to say about the Help I received from Mr. Jorge Chavez during and after the sale of the house that I bought in Roatan Honduras. Jorge helped me find the house I had always dreamed of on the beach. He went out of his way to help me and my entire family during and after the sale was completed. I now consider him the first friend of the Island and hope we remain friends forever. Jorge was very instrumental in the process helping me find the right attorney to handle the transaction and also with personal family issues. Ana, my wife and I both really loved all of the personal care the Jorge has blessed us with. Terry Lester
- Jorge Chavez handled what became a complicated house sale transaction for me after having the house listed through the worldwide economic downturn. A number of times he could have requested assistance or asked for additional compensation for his efforts solving problems and seeing that the solution were properly carried out. There was a last minute change in the way the transaction had to be completed which was carried out under Jorge’s direction with minimal requirement from me. At all times he looked after business as required. In summary, Jorge completed the entire transaction and details involved in the most professional manner. I would highly recommend Jorge to any buyer or seller involved in a residential house transaction. Yours very truly, Vic Walls.
- We cannot say enough about your service and commitment to your profession Jorge. We are glad to be working with you on this venture; you did make it comfortable on our visit and discussing the plans and process of purchasing a piece of paradise. I really appreciated the time and patience you extended to me and my family, not only with the real estate search, but also a tour of the specific island areas that would be of interest. We were pleasantly surprised and more relaxed after our first meeting together. Working with a trusted organization in another country is critical for a worry free real estate investment and we are glad that Jorge is our agent. We have also acquired a friend on Roatan and wish him and his family all the best!” Janet, Joe and Dave………………New York
- My name is Carolyn Belfor and I had the fortunate opportunity to have Jorge Chavez as my Realtor on Roatan. He made the ‘searching’ for the perfect property and the actual transaction a very happy and smooth experience. His extensive knowledge of every property, real estate law and attention to the details of what I wanted, made my real estate transaction perfect. He made sure to find the best fit for my wants and needs – he never wasted my time showing me something that didn’t fit my criteria. He is fluent in both English and Spanish which was invaluable. I now have a fantastic property for the best price because of him. I would recommend Jorge Chavez to anyone looking for real estate on the island.
- Since Casa Cure has sold we want to thank you for the years of taking wonderful care of the property. There were so many things you handled as we look back on it we are amazed at how you made our life away from Roatan so simple. I am going to list some of the projects you managed just because they need mentioning. The stone veneer work at the pool and guest apartment, what a difference it made to the overall appearance of the house. Restucco and retile the entire pool and fountain, stunning !! Clean and reseal all the roof tile, made the house look like new again. Reseal the cisterns. Cut up and remove all the tree’s that fell during storms. Keep the gutter’s clear so the cisterns remained clean. Pressure wash the house when it got dingy looking. Helping out when the taxes or insurance came due and we were not on Island. Pam’s favorite was finding the interior SPOTLESS we arrived for a stay in our little paradise. My favorite was the gardens, when you first became our Property Manager the landscaping was not looking good. You told us that Cecelio would have it looking good in 6 to 12 months, it is now 1/2 acre of WOW!! We both smile whenever we drive up to the house. We won’t ramble on anymore except to say we can’t thank you enough for all the work you oversaw and the excellent advice you had had for us when we needed help negotiating thru the rigors of Roatan Real Estate and the Municipal. If your travel plans ever include Oregon let us know ! Best Wishes, Doug and Pam